Thursday, July 26, 2012

Books, Bits, Transitions, and Bicycles


I designed a book cover having to do with my event. The book is called What's That Word for The Transition from Perfection to Instability?. It's about my move and transition from my content life in Greece to a bustling, hectic new city that I don't know very well at all. The book goes into detail about the various hardships and dynamic events I had to endure and experience upon arriving back in 
New York.

Inspiration for the book cover was derived from this photo I took of a bicycle in the West Village. I feel that my transition from Greece to New York was quite similar to when one learns to ride a bicycle. When you start out, you fall a bunch of times and make lots of mistakes, but progressively you learn how to ride the bike and handle yourself well. A bicycle is a symbol of travel and change, and I believe it really sums up the message I wanted to convey through transition and this idea of an in between perfection and instability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment